Saturday, August 18, 2012

Shelf Candy


Everyone knows the old "don't judge a book by its cover" saying... but I'll be the first to admit that a pretty cover never hurt anyone. Covers give you a little peak at what the book is about and the over all mood of the story. Honestly, there are times when I walk through the YA section at Barnes and Noble and see a pretty book and want it strictly because the cover is so freaken beautiful that I know it will look ever so beautiful on my bookshelf. I have also been burned many times after buying the hardback cover and then a year later find the paperback cover to be stunning; so much so that I briefly consider buying the paperback too. :)

A couple of weeks ago, I was searching through Goodreads and just happened upon this book. I was immediately drawn to the super powerful cover but then the summary was awesome too. I can't wait for this one to come out!

Let us look at the beautiful cover:



Things I love:
First of all, I love dance. I'm awful... but I'm addicted to So You Think You Can Dance. One day I will write a book about a dancer. I also love the petal dress. I want a tutu made of rose petals!!!!! It's just such a frighteningly beautiful cover, it makes me just want to hold the book... well and then read it. :)









That is all from me today. Now back to reading. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison