Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday


Day #3 of Delilah and Nichole spend time together to write posts, and what a lovely day it is. Sunday we raved about books that we recently added to our every growing libraries, yesterday we discussed those books that we are anxious to read but we just haven't quite gotten around to yet, and TODAY... today we get to talk to you all about books that we are currently reading. YAY. We're going to shake things up a bit and Del is going to go first this time because Nic is currently french braiding her hair. :) Yea, so what we're 22 and still braid each others hair... we're drinking margaritas if that makes it anymore adult. Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. How do YOU participate? It's super simple. Grab your current read, turn to a random page (I always use the portion of the book that I've read to avoid causing any spoilers), pick 2 sentences. See really easy.

Delilah:

Title: Between the Lines
Author: Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer

"This must be what an addict feels like I think, trying to fight the pull of one last, quick read. My fingers itch toward the binding, and finally, with a sigh of regret. I just grab the book and open it, hungrily read the story. "  p. 33

I love this! It pretty much sums up exactly how I feel every time my clock reads 3:00 am and I only have 80 pages left in a book and I set it down telling myself that I will just finish it in the morning only to pick it up again 30 seconds later.




Nichole:
Title: Ripple
Author: Mandy Hubbard

"As the icy water slaps against my skin, the feeling of wrongness just won't leave. For a reason I can't quite name, I twist around to see behind me, and look into the woods. Eyes." p. 120

This book, so far, is SO sad, but SOO good. I can't put it down. If you have ever felt distanced from others or had to lose people you love, you'll really be able to relate to this book (like me!). I have no idea where the story is going and I love that! I'm excited to see where this book goes and how it's going to end. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison