Friday, July 6, 2012

Freaken Hot Fridays


It's Day 7 of Delilah/Nichole duo posts of togetherness! Yay! Aren't you impressed?! You totally should be this like never happens. Today for our Freaken Hot Fridays we are going to do something a little different we typically do. Today we are going to list off the five books that we plan to read next. (Cross your fingers) There are many reasons why we wouldn't read these in order... mainly because Del can't ever make up her mind as to what book she is reading, and Nic is always out of town gallivanting around the world so she doesn't have ample time to sit and read... but if everything goes according to plan (ha cause that happens all the time) we plan on reading these five books next and in this order.

Delilah:
1. Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown.
 I need this review out ASAP for my uncle. Anne Greenwood Brown is a friend of his and he wanted to have me read it first to give him my opinion before he read it. So that is definitely next on my TBR list. 
2. Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
I was going through my books the other day when I was looking for a book to do my Time Will Come post and happened across this one. Nic laughed at me because I was so excited to get this one back in December and I "haven't even broken the spine yet" as Nic so eloquently put it. I'm not super excited about the fact that the next one doesn't come out until 2014, which may have been part of the reason why I've been waiting so long to read it, but I think the time has finally come.
3. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
I wasn't all that excited for this book until I read some of my blogger buddies posts who had the same concerns going in that I do and ended up loving the book. Phrases like "Best Book I've Ever Read" have been thrown around, and for a blogger who reads YA books everyday... that is quite the accolade. I am a big fan of Peter Pan but not to the point that a deviation in the story would break my heart. I'm ready for a new take on the old classic... and it's pretty. Also a huge fan of the fact that this book is a stand alone. Thank God!
4. Supernaturally by Kiersten White
I've been about 50 pages into this book for a couple months now. I just haven't been able to get into it, mainly because I haven't tried. SO... after I read Tiger Lily, I am going to sit down and get into it because Endlessly comes out in less than a month and then I'll have another completed trilogy on my shelf... that's the BEST feeling seeing a pretty completed trilogy next to another completed trilogy. 

Nic: 
1. The Selection by Kiera Cass
I am being forced to read this one against my will by Del, but I am VERY ok with it. It looks like a fantastic read and I've only heard good things so far.
2. Destined by Aprilynne Pike
The final installment... I'm hesitant to finish this series because I loved it soo much, but I have to know what happened to I'll have to finish this one soon.
3. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
My copy of this book has a different cover and honestly, after seeing the cover below, it makes me want to read it even more. This book just looks so different and new that I think it will be a nice change of pace from what I've been reading.
4. Die For Me by Amy Plum
I HAVE to read this one again in order to read Until I Die because I want to get caught up on what happened PLUS it was just SO incredibly good that I can't help but want to read it again and in my opinion, this is a nice excuse to do so. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison