Sunday, July 1, 2012

Review'd: Rapture by Lauren Kate

Book Review:
Title: Rapture (Fallen #4)
Author: Lauren Kate
Published: June 12th, 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers


Goodreads Summary: 
RAPTURE, the fourth & final FALLEN novel, is the Lauren Kate book the world has been waiting for.

The sky is dark with wings. . . .

Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.

Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.

And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters. In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.


DeLibrarie Review: 
It's hard to believe it's the end of this beautiful series. I picked up Fallen because I was so anxious for My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares to be released and I'd noticed that the synopsis' were relatively similar, and by that I mean Practically Identical. So, while I impatiently waited for Brashares's book, I bought Fallen. I LOVED it!!! I loved is so much that when My Name is Memory was released a week later I decided I wasn't going to read it until I was done with the entire Fallen Saga. I've been done with Rapture now for a few weeks and I still can't bring myself to pick up the other book because I don't really want to tarnish my memory of Luce and Daniels story. 


Like I mentioned in a post that I wrote a couple of weeks ago, It is a year of saying goodbye for me. I've said goodbye to Wings, Hex Hall, and now Fallen. While I loved the endings to Destined and Spellbound, I think that the way that Lauren Kate ended Rapture was my favorite. I honestly didn't see it coming, and I'm glad that I didn't because it made it that much more satisfying. I'm not going to go into it because I really don't want to unintentionally spoil anything and it is virtually impossible to talk about it without spoiling the end of Passion or the end of Rapture. 


The ONLY ONLY ONLY thing that this book didn't have that I wanted it to was: a lot of Cam. That's all I'm going to say. It is just really hard for me to talk about any specific plot points without ruining something, and I want everyone who loves this series to have the same experience that I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison