Thursday, July 5, 2012

Still On My Mind


Day 5. I know that our little calendar thing says that we do a Can't Stop Gushing about... but this meme, Still on My Mind, hosted by YA-aholic is basically the same thing. So we chose to do that one instead this week. How can you participate?

1. Think of a book that you read a while ago that you can't stop thinking about. 
2. Post a summary of a book.
3. Post why you can't get it out of your head. 

Here is what is Still On Our Minds: :)


Goodreads Summary:
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again


Nichole: Not only do you get caught up in this book because of the stunning cover, but as soon as you begin reading it, you literally cannot put it down. Mrs. Plum is a wonder with words. She makes you feel as though you are the main character, enduring what she is enduring. The way she writes is mesmerizing and the characters are unforgettable. Plus, the story itself is so remarkably unique and fresh, like a breath of fresh air. And having it set in PARIS... that's also a nice change. Makes me want to go for a visit :) If you haven't read this one, you should, because you will never be able to get it off your mind.

Delilah: I've been thinking about this book a lot lately. Mainly because I finished reading the second book in the trilogy about 2 weeks ago. One of my favorite things about these books are how subtly creative Amy Plum is. She follows the same general YA paranormal romance plot but her mythology is super creative and I just wanted to keep finding out more information about Revenants. I also love that this book is so full of French culture. I speak french and so every once in a while when she threw in something French I felt like she was writing it especially to me, which when you think about it is silly... I'm not the only person who speaks French... just ask France. :) I just adore this series. It's so entertaining! I can't get it off my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison