Friday, August 12, 2011

Shelf Candy

I was blog searching today, and happened to run across Five Alarm Book Reviews, a very nice blog by the way, and they happen to host a meme every Saturday called Shelf Candy, basically a way for me to gush about all my favorite covers, old or new. If you've read ANYTHING in this blog by me yet... you know I love gushing... and the caps lock. :) Any who, I decided that it was something that I wanted to do, or at least try out for a couple of weeks and see if it was something I would continue to do. :) So for DeLibrarie's first Shelf Candy, I chose.... 




Fallen by Lauren Kate

Honestly how could I not... I love this cover. I love how it captures the emotion and darkness of the story line, I love the dark colors, and I'm a sucker for covers with girls in pretty dresses... I want that dress. :) Also I just love the feel of this book in my hands, it has that nice soft texture that just makes me happy. :) BUT... I think my favorite thing about this book cover is the beautifully creepy forest in the background... it's just perfect. This is one of my favorite books, and one of my favorite covers. I think it is a perfect fit for my first Shelf Candy post. :) What do you think??

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Ya so I decided to do our Friday meme, because I realized that we always forget to do that one, and I really wanted to do one. But lo and behold, I discover that you have already beaten me to the punch by posting our Saturday meme! ...You shall be pleased to hear that I forgive you because I am already in love with this new meme of ours. It looks like a lot of fun and I look forward to many more Shelf Candy posts in the future :P Oh and I love this cover, too. Beautiful.

Delilah (Del) said...

woot woot!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison