Sunday, August 14, 2011

Review'd: Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors

Book Review:
Title: Saving Juliet
Author: Suzanne Selfors
Published: January 22nd 2008 by Walker Books for Young Readers
Rating: 3 Stars

Goodreads Summary:
Manhattan meets Verona in this time-bending twist on Shakespeare.

When Mimi is magically thrust into the middle of Shakespeare’s Verona, she must find a way to help Juliet fight for her future happiness. Will she be able to give this classic tragedy a happy ending?

DeLibhrarie (Nichole) Review:
This was such a light, fluffy read. I flew through it. But I was disappointed by the lack of depth I guess you could say. I thought that it was cute and fun and had a lot of potential, however I thought it was missing something that could have made it an epic book. But then again, when working with such a hugely romanticized and adored story such as that of Romeo and Juliet, you're going to have some high expectations. But the writing was great and it flowed well... The characters were well developed and interesting... It was definitely a new take/version on Romeo and Juliet. It just wasn't my favorite. But I know of some people who really enjoyed this book so pick it up but only if it's your type of book. Great summer read in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison