Saturday, August 6, 2011

In My Mailbox

Hello! So this is my first In My Mailbox post (a meme hosted by The Story Siren) and I'm really excited for it. For weeks now I have heard of and seen in the bookstores Divergent by Veronica Roth and have really wanted to read it. So finally, while looking at books on Barnes and Noble online, I decided to splurge and get it. Technically it hasn't arrived yet but it is in the mail and on its way and should arrive any day now. I cannot WAIT to get it and read it. After reading The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins and Delirium by Lauren Oliver and after buying Matched by Ally Condie, I have become infatuated with the dystopic futuristic society based novels that seem to be appearing everywhere nowadays. But Divergent looks absolutely amazing so while I wait for my mail to arrive, I wanted to rant a little bit about my excitement and to share with you the awesomeness that is Divergent. Enjoy : )

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Published May 3rd 2011 by HarperCollins Children's Books

Goodreads Summary:
Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.

-Nichole

2 comments:

Amber said...

My goodness. I can't believe you haven't read this one yet! I hope you love it as much as I did. I give it to all my friends and some random people in the bookstore too...

Nichole said...

haha that's awesome. That's more or less what everyone else says about it, too, so I absolutely cannot WAIT to read it! I'm pretty sure I'll love it :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison