Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

LONG DAY! But no better way to end it than finishing a good book, and lying on my floor staring up at my bookshelves indecisively trying to pick the next book to move from my TBR pile to my R pile. So no better way to forget about a decision than pretending it doesn't exist and doing something else... isn't that how you deal with decisions? Anyway... this "something else" that I was talking about is, of course, this weeks Waiting on Wednesday. It's been a while since I've done one of these... or anything for that matter... I've been working too much and too tired when I'm done with work to actually do anything productive. Blah Blah Blah. I'll quit the whining and start with the memeing... :) totally a word. This ingenious meme is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.  YAY!


Title: Sweet Venom
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Published: September 6th 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books






Goodreads Summary: Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster. 

Gretchen is tired of monsters pulling her out into the wee hours, especially on a school night, but what can she do? Sending the minotaur back to his bleak home is just another notch on her combat belt. She never expected to run into this girl who could be her double, though. 

Greer has her life pretty well put together, thank you very much. But that all tilts sideways when two girls who look eerily like her appear on her doorstep and claim they're triplets, supernatural descendants of some hideous creature from Greek myth, destined to spend their lives hunting monsters. 

These three teenage descendants of Medusa, the once-beautiful gorgon maligned by myth, must reunite and embrace their fates in this unique paranormal world where monsters lurk in plain sight.



Being a lover of books... requires way too much waiting for my taste. I vote that publishing houses make it possible to publish books faster than I can read them. You should check on that... :) I'm trying to drag this post out as long as I can... so I don't have to figure out what book I'm reading next... AWW... Decisions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison