Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Okay, so it's like 1:30am... I am BEYOND tired but I finished my book earlier which leads to me not being able to sleep because I don't know what I'm going to read next. (Obsessive). SO, I decided to do my WoW. YAY! Waiting on Wednesday is a lovely little meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. (link in the review policy section if you want to check out her blog) This is usually where I would try to come up with some clever way to introduce this weeks WoW but frankly... I have no energy for that... So here it is:


Wildefire by Karsten Knight


Hitting shelves July 26th, 2011


Goodreads Summary: Every flame begins with a spark.

Ashline Wilde is having a rough sophomore year. She’s struggling to find her place as the only Polynesian girl in school, her boyfriend just cheated on her, and now her runaway sister, Eve, has decided to barge back into her life. When Eve’s violent behavior escalates and she does the unthinkable, Ash transfers to a remote private school nestled in California’s redwoods, hoping to put the tragedy behind her. But her fresh start at Blackwood Academy doesn’t go as planned. Just as Ash is beginning to enjoy the perks of her new school—being captain of the tennis team, a steamy romance with a hot, local park ranger—Ash discovers that a group of gods and goddesses have mysteriously enrolled at Blackwood…and she’s one of them. To make matters worse, Eve has resurfaced to haunt Ash, and she’s got some strange abilities of her own. With a war between the gods looming over campus, Ash must master the new fire smoldering within before she clashes with her sister one more time… And when warm and cold fronts collide, there’s guaranteed to be a storm.



Honestly, There are many books that I'm SUPER excited for... but most of them (like my last 2 WoWs) are the last couple books of a series. SO, I decided that this week I needed to pick a book from an author that I've never read anything from, and that I was SUPER EXCITED FOR! That my friends is this book. I mean really what's not to love... Polynesian Goddess, steamy romance with a hot, local part ranger... Can't wait. Plus, if Karsten writes anything like the way he talks in his vlogs, this book is bound to be entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison