Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review'd: DemonGlass by Rachel Hawkins

Book Review:
Title: DemonGlass
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Published: March 1st, 2011 by Hyperion Books
Rating: 5 Stars


Goodreads Summary: 
Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch. 

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth. 

Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers. 

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?


DeLibrarie (Delilah) Review:
I'm in love with the Hex Hall series. The first one was laugh-out-loud funny, sweet, and fast paced. DemonGlass was all that and more. Love Triangles, Snarky one-liners, betrayal and kick ass fighting scenes... what else could you ask for in a YA Paranormal Romance? I love Sophie Mercer... She's my favorite leading lady of all time; she's strong while still likeable, she's funny but not annoying, she's smart, and the girl goes after what she wants.  In Hex Hall, I totally fell for Archer... but in DemonGlass, I sorta fell for Cal too... I've always been so PRO one guy per book... but I just can't decide who I like better, Cal or Archer.  Sigh. I wish the next book comes out like...yesterday... so I can devour it. Like I did this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison