Thursday, June 23, 2011

Review'd: Passion by Lauren Kate

 I'm sorry that it's formatted all funky...I'm at work... and my work computer HATES ME!!!!! I'll try and fix it when I get to a computer that doesn't have such strong negative feelings towards me.


 (Spoilers for Fallen and Torment)
Book Review:
Title: Passion
Author: Lauren Kate
Published: June 14th 2011 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Rating: 5 Stars


Goodreads Summary:


Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again.Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart:
Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .
Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one.

So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness
firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.
Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as

 frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen
if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.



DeLibrarie (Del) Review:
Honestly, It's probably not fair for me to review this book, or any other book in the Fallen
series really. It's that "Love is Blind" concept. I LOVE the fallen series... and I fully believe that they
are AMAZING in everyway. Now that you know how DEEPLY I love this book... I will try to look at it
 like I would any other
book. This book is prequel-esque. At the end of Torment, Luce hops into an Announcer
 hoping to discover
more about the curse as she explores her past lives. So the majority of the book, present day
Luce is in the
past. There was also a new character introduced: Bill. At first I was a little nervous...
 he seemed like a
Mini Ms. Frizzle guiding Luce through her past lives giving helpful insite about every life
that they stepped into.
BUT, I found him interesting and important to the overall scheme of the series.


Overall, I loved this book... but you knew that. If you haven't read Fallen, or Torment...
I'm ashamed... Just
Kidding... but you should go read them. They're pretty wonderful. Also... A friend of mine
(Brooke from 
Brooke Reports) will be defending Daniel in the ultimate YA men show down hosted by Amy
from Down the
Rabbit Hole the month of July. Make sure you check that out it'll be cool... Lots of prizes to be
 won.


-Del-

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison