Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Review'd: Until I Die by Amy Plum

Book Review: 
Title: Until I Die
Author: Amy Plum
Published: May 8th 2012 by HarperCollins

Jacket Summary:
It seems fitting that I fell in love in Paris, Peel back a thin layer of reality and under the city's glamorous surface is a battleground for immortal enemies. Because with Vincent, reality is an illusion. Handsome, chivalrous, and witty, he's got everything I've ever wanted in a boyfriend... except mortality. But when I chose Vincent, I chose love over reason and sagety. Vincent swore to avoid death- to resist his very nature so that we can be together. But I refuse to stand by and watch him suffer. I know I'll do whatever it takes- even if it means lying to the people I love- to fight against a fate that is trying to tear us apart.

DeLibrarie Summary:
I really liked Die for Me, but honestly I loved Until I Die. There was a lot more information on Revenants so it got a little info-heavy but I feel like it was necessary info for the final book and I was never bored, so no complaints here. I like what Amy Plum is doing with the relationships in this book. There are obviously new ones forming, and it is clear that Jules has feelings for Kate (which I am really interested in seeing how that is portrayed in the next book). I just felt like she was straying from the "How To Write A Paranormal Teen Love Triangle" which was awesome! How many different ways can you write the same story, the girl ALWAYS ends up with the person that you think she's gonna end up with. The Edwards always win and the Jacobs always get the creepy vampire babies. (Ok maybe not so much on the blood sucking infant thing but you get my point.) It was nice to read a book where I really don't know where she's going to take it. I would also like to add, after reading a lot of negative reviews, a common complaint is that Kate and Vincent's relationship is really boring. To that I say: their relationship is super believable (minus the whole zombie thing). I feel like Plum is writing a real relationship, just because Amy and Vincent don't have major problem after major problem doesn't mean that they are a boring couple... it means they're believable. Because I've already used Twilight once in this post... I will use it again because it's an easy reference... we've all read it. Edward and Bella in an entire 4 book saga never once have a normal moment where they can just enjoy a normal day of being in a loving relationship. It is one evil villain or psycho monarch of vamps after another... and when it does finally start to get normal... the books end. SO... mad props to Plum for taking a believable couple and putting them in regular situations where we can see them exactly how they should be... normal. (once again minus the zombie thing... they can't ever be totally normal ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison