Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Good morning. Today is Tuesday... if you didn't know.... and it is also my boyfriends birthday. Yay! He lives in a fraternity house... and his "brothas" came and woke him up at 12:00 and kidnapped him and took him to perkins.... naturally he felt that if he didn't get to sleep... I didn't :) so he picked me up and threw me in the car too. (He actually just wanted me to come...) Point of story: I'm SLLEEEEEEPPPPYYY, and have lots of stuff to do before tomorrow. blah. BUT my saving grace is reading/blogging... so this weeks TOP TEN TUESDAY hosted by the Broke and Bookish is:

Top Ten Childhood Favorites

1. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine: Easy. I've read this book easily 7 or more times. I love Char, he's basically the first book boy that stole my heart. This book really can do no wrong for me.

2. Holes by Louis Sachar: This is another one that I've read more than once. Also one of my favorites.
3. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis: I don't know if this really counts as a children's book... but I read it as a child (once again more than once). My mom used to read this series to me when I was little to get me to go to bed.
4. The Witches by Roald Dahl: Along with Gail Carson Levine, I read EVERYTHING that Roald Dahl wrote. I think that Witches was my favorite of everything of his that I read.
5. A Week of Raccoons by Gloria Whelan: This is a tiny little book...  but it's the first book that I ever remember loving. I had it memorized because I made my mom read it to me so much. I still could probably recite parts of it.
6. The BFG by Roald Dahl: This one was also one of my favorite Roald Dahl books. I just love his descriptions of all the different giants.
7. The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine: I love the worlds that Levine creates, her fairytale characters are just so cool.
8. Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrik: This is one that I had to read in elementary school, and then the teacher read to us in a later grade. It's just a book that I've always remembered.
9. The Giver by Lois Lowry: Oh the book that started my love for Dystopic novels.
10. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot: Meg Cabot is another author who I have read most of the books in which she has published and The Princess Diaries was the first of hers that I got my hands on. It's technically a YA but I read it when I was a youngen so I counted it. :)

That is all I have for you today my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison