Saturday, December 24, 2011

End of Year Book Survey 2011

I can't believe that it's already that end of the year... the last 4 months flew by... like WOOSH! This lovely little survey is hosted by Jamie at the Perpetual Page Turner. I love surveys... :) So here we go...

1. Best Book You Read in 2011?
This is a really difficult question... I read SO many of my favorite books this year... Hunger Games, Hush,Hush, Hex Hall (...hmmm... most of which apparently started with an H ... odd) BUT I would have to say that the BEST book is Delirium by Lauren Oliver. It was just an amazing read... the type of book that you can't stop talking about even weeks after you finished it. I just love this book.

Runners up:
1. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins: This book is by far one of my favorite books of all time. I just adore Sophie! Favorite heroine ever!
2. Hush, Hush by Becca FitzPatrick... One word... Patch.
3. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: I love these books. They really are such a fantastic series.
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Haven by Kristi Cook. It's not that it was bad... it's that I went into it with impossible expectations. I loved the paranormal boarding school idea... and it just turned into every YA cliche that existed. I was really sad that it wasn't what I wanted, still entertaining... just not what I was hoping for.

3. Most Surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep. I didn't have really any expectations with this one. I hadn't heard anything about it... so when I saw it at BN and liked what I read... I decided to take a little risk and buy it. Glad I did, because now it's one of those titles that I don't shut up about. :)

4. Book You Recommeneded to people most in 2011?
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. I just love this book...  ANY time I went to the store with a friend, or they were "book shopping" in my book shelves... I basically force fed them this book. I can't get enough of it... so I vicariously live through those who have not read them yet and can experience them all over again.

5. Best sereies you discovered in 2011?
I feel like saying Hex Hall again is cheating... mainly because the whole series isn't out yet... so I think in order to avoid just saying Hex Hall, Touch of Frost or Delirium again... I'm going to do a series that is entirly already published. So I pick... Wonderous Strange by Lesley Livingston. I read the whole series during the January part of winter break last year... and loved it.

6. Favorite New Authors you Discovered in 2011?
... I probably shouldn't say Rachel Hawkins, right?! This is turning into the "survery in which Del tells us how much she likes Hex Hall." :) Too bad... I pick Rachel Hawkins. :) But I also pick Lauren Oliver and Becca Fitzpatrick. They are pretty much the greatest things ever!

7. Best Book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Stuff of Legend by Ian Gibson. Occasionally, I break my YA streak and decide to read an adult fiction or science fiction title. Stuff of Legend is a science icition/fantasy (more fantasy than science fiction) and it was hilarious! I liked that it had some fairy tale elements in it, and was just full of funny banter. Love love love!

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen. I read this book in like 10 minutes. Ok so not really... but it felt like 10 minutes. It was the fastest read of my life... and I loved every minute of it.

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Passion by Lauren Kate. I LOVE the fallen series, I love love stories... Passion was a fallen book all about Daniel and Luce's past love stories... ummm... can you say perfection. I was DYING to read this book... like would have sacrificed small child...ok so not that far... but I would have done lots of things to get my hands on this book... and then I did and it was wonderful. :)

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
Wildefire by Karsten Knight. It's puuuurdy!

11. Most Memorable Character in 2011?
Easy peasy. Patch from Hush, Hush. aka... my book boyfriend. In my head, we go on amusment park dates, and ice cream dates. He saves me from his scary fallen angel friends... it's a wonderful relationship. What?! I'm not crazy... it's true... He loves me!!!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
Delirium. That's why I picked it for best. It's just so perfect. love love love.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I really really like this book. There are still times when I think about Sam. She just feels so real to me. Props to Lauren Oliver for creating a hauntingly real character. That's why this book sticks with me, everything about it is just SO believable.

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
The Hunger Games. I have this horrible habit of not wanting to read books that my friends tell me to read because ... I actually have no idea why I do that but I do. I waited forever to read this book but on the bright side the whole series was out so I could read them in a row instead of waiting 3 years. :)

15. Favorite Passage/Quote from a book you read in 2011?
Pretty much any dialogue that Sophie has from Hex Hall but my favorite might have to be...
"Archer isn't hot anymore- he tried to kill me. And his girlfriend is Satan."

16. Book that you readin 2011 that you would most likely reread in 2012?
This is hard because there are really only 2 books that I ever reread... those being Ella Enchanted and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.... neither of which did I read in 2011.... but if I did reread books more often... I suppose I would read A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies. I read an e-copy of that book long before it was released and I got the hardcover copy as a gift... So i think that I might reread that one. We'll see.

17. Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss...) Be careful of spoilers!

Delirium... you know the scene if you've read it. It's basically the last scene... and it breaks your heart. That scene is the reason why I love that book so much. That scene makes the whole book... I drove over to nic's house to give her the book so she could read it just so we would talk about THAT scene... it's amazing. What you haven't read it?! Read it... then e-mail me about how epic that scene was.

I love surveys. :) I think it was painfully obvious which reads were my favorites...:) How about you? Send me a link in the comments to your survey, i'm excited to see what everyone else loved this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison