Friday, December 23, 2011

Review'd: Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Book Review: 
Title: Kiss of Frost
Author: Jennifer Estep
Published: November 29th, 2011 by Kensington
Rating: 4 Stars


Back of Book Summary: 
I'm Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Academy, and I have no idea how i'm going to survive the rest of the semester. One day, I'm getting schooled in swordplay by the guy who broke my heart- the drop dead gorgeous Logan, who slays me every time. Then, an invisible archer in the Library of Antiquities decides to use me for target practice. And now, I find out that someone at the academy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I'm afraid if I don't learn how to live by the sword- with Logan's help - I just might die by the sword...


DeLibrarie (Del) Review: 
I just adore this series. It's such a quick, light read and it's just a super fresh new idea ... or mix of old ideas I haven't quite decided which yet. I love YAs that take place in boarding schools and I love mythology books... so this is a perfect blend of the two. Kiss of Frost has the same conversational feel that Touch of Frost had and I really love that about these books... it makes them really very fun to read. The only issue that I had with this one was that it was almost too predictable... I was able to tell when the author was trying to throw us off and when she was trying to foreshadow... so I wasn't surprised in the slightest when we found out who the bad person was... so don't expect a crazy twist. If you go into this book with the expectations of it being an easy, entertaining read... then you won't be disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison