Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

So I realize that all we've really been posting recently are Top Ten Tuesdays... but they are so quick and easy... and Nic and I both only have 3 weeks left in our semester... and we're english majors... which means we are locked away in the library writing and read (not for fun) about 21 hours of the day. That doesn't really leave tons of time to blog... :( I promise we'll have more posts for you once the semester is over... and hey maybe another video. In the meantime... here is this weeks Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic is:

Top TBR Titles This Winter

10. Supernaturally by Kiersten White: I've wanted to read this one for months, but I haven't had a chance. It came out in July with SOOOO many other books that I've wanted to read. When I buy more than one book at a time... I choose to tend one to read right away and the other one will sit on my shelf untouched for months. I ended up reading Karsten Knight's Wildefire instead of this one, but I plan on reading this one over winter break. 

9. Fury by Elizabeth Miles: This is another one that I was REALLY anticipating the release... and when I got it... I didn't have time to read it. I hate it when that happens. :( Hopefully I will get to it soon... 

8. After Obsession by Carrie Jones: I should really just say that most of these titles are going to be ones that I bought because it was on my list of books to buy... and then put it directly on my shelf because I don't have ANY time to read... 

7. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater: I've mentioned this before... but I've been avoiding this book because it is the end of one of my favorite series... and I don't like it when those end... :( I still haven't accepted the fact the the Gemma Doyle Trilogy is just that... a trilogy. I don't like it when character's stories end. It's sad.

6. Ripple by Mandy Hubbard: I've heard amazing things about this book. I am really excited to read it... It is sitting on my nightstand actually... it got upgraded from my TBR shelf. :) It helps that this one is a little on the short end... it makes me feel like it wouldn't be such a time suck. 

5. The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff: I've actually started reading this one... just as kind of a sampler before I bought it... and it sounds SO good! It's really dark and creepy... it's about the daughter of Lillith and Lucipher... How can it not be creepy. Plus, I'm a HUGE supernatural fan... and Lillith and Lucipher were both major villains in seasons 4 and 5. 

4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I've been wanting to read this book for a while now. I've heard nothing but good things. I've been contemplating just waiting until the last book is out and then just reading them all back to back like i did with the Wonderous Strange series... but I haven't really decided yet. I always look at it on my shelf and think "Man I need to read that soon." So I probably will. 

3. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand: I LOVE this series. The first book was AMAZING! So I'm super psyched that the next one is so close to being published. Without a doubt I will be reading this one... like right when it comes out.... as i'm in line to buy it. ;) 

2. Siren by Tricia Rayburn: I don't know how many times I've said that I need to read this book... yea that hasn't changed... It's a paperback which means I never look at that shelf... I always walk over to my HUGE hardcover shelf and think... "man there are so many that I need to read... I choose (insert book title here)." So my poor paperbacks have to stare enviously from the neighboring shelf. :( Sorry paperbacks... but I will get to this one. 

1. Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep: I am more than excited to read this book. I am so grateful that she is publishing these books so fast... that I'm running to the bookstore to buy it when it comes out. I never realized how upset it makes me after I finish a book one and the realization hits me that I am going to have to wait over a year for the next one. I understand that the publishing and, of course, writing process takes time... I have accepted that having a love for YA series... comes with a life of constant waiting and impatience. So... when an author has the ability to have a book come out only a few months after her first one was published... I am ecstatic. :) It's the little things in life you know. 

Next weeks topic: Dec. 6- Top 10 Childhood Favorites


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison