Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday


So I had another one of those 'don't want to get out of bed' days. Warm blanket plus cold bedroom equals almost impossible for me to get out of bed, but ALAS I am sitting in my 9 30am Criticism class on time and mostly paying attention. :) Might have to thank the boyfriend for making sure I was actually awake at 9 am this morning. It's getting closer and closer to the end of the semester which means that I am staying up later and later writing papers and spending less and less time reading and having a social life. So again... I don't have a Teaser Tuesday for you all today, but I will do a Top Ten Tuesday this week hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday this weeks topic is:

Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Have at my Thanksgiving Feast

1. J.K. Rowling: When it comes to writing, this woman is my idol. The way that she weaves her story and her writing style is just amazing. I would just want to sit and pick her brain for hours. 

2. Gail Carson Levine: I love her. I don't know her, but I love her. Ella Enchanted was my favorite book for a very long time. I've read it so many times that my copy was falling apart so I had to buy a second copy. I credit Levine for my love of reading. 

3. Libba Bray: My favorite series OF ALL TIME. Is the Gemma Doyle series. I love everything about it and this is another author that I just want to brain pick, and she seems delightful. I just feel like Bray is a truly remarkable woman who has a lot to say. I would love to listen to her talk for a while.

4. Meg Cabot: She is another one of my childhood favorites. The woman has like 9218729384 books, she is a fantastic story teller. I'm sure she would be wonderful to have over for dinner.

5. Ann Brashares: I've met her, she's SO nice! She is spunky but has a calming sense to her, plus she has a TON of experience with various facets of the publishing world... and considering that is what I want to go into... another brain picking session. :)

6. Kiersten White: Read her blog... you'll understand. 

7. Rachel Hawkins: I love the Hex Hall series... If she came to my thanksgiving I would spend most of the time making sure that she was planning on writing more after she finished with Spellbound. :) 

8. Lauren Oliver: The woman is a master story teller, and is totally an individual. I totally respect her.

9. Karsten Knight: He's hilarious too, he does videos on his blog and they are so funny! We seem to share the same dry sarcastic humor, so pretty sure that would be the most entertaining Thanksgiving feast I've ever had.

10. William Shakespeare: Pre-death of course. :) I might be cheating a bit because he's not actually... you know... alive.  I'm an English major with an emphasis in Shakespeare... this being said... I LOVE (most of ) his plays!! I also have a couple questions that I would like cleared up. :) 


1 comment:

Amber said...

Why haven't we talked before on our shared love of Libba Bray? She's on my guest list too! I absolutely adore her and the Gemma Doyle series started me on YA. Great guest list!

My Top Ten

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison