Friday, November 4, 2011

November TBR

I don't know how to do a vlog yet so until I do, I will just continue with the traditional posts, sorry guys, vlogs are so much more fun...


But for today, I want to make a goal for myself. I haven't been giving myself any time to read because of class and work and a show I was in but all of that is easing up this month. So I am going to make myself a TBR list for November. I obviously will not guarantee that I will get through all of these books in November, but I will certainly try gosh darn it!


First on my list is one I've been working on since Summer (I know I know... sad isn't it? But in my defense, the past two months have been class all day, rehearsal/shows all night, homework until 2am every night and sub in work for classes on the weekends while keeping the rest of the day the same and there's my schedule. That's why I haven't had ANY time to read unfortunately). But I WILL get Oriana's Eyes done asap! I'm almost half done with it and I haven't seen much about it yet so I really want to get my review up and get some hype up for it! It's been pretty good so far!

Oriana's Eyes by Celeste Simone

The next book on my list is Touch of Frost. I'm borrowing it from Del and have already started. I'm only one chapter in though so that barely counts as having started it. And if you don't know this about me yet, I read TONS of books at once. It's never-ending. Technically I'm reading 14 books right now but I try to focus on one at a time so that they get done faster. I've heard so many good things about Touch of Frost and so far it's very intriguing. I'm really excited to get further into it!

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Next is Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. It's a translated novel from Germany with little hype from what I can tell. It looks fantastic though and I really want to get started on it! This is another book I've borrowed from Del. You'll begin to notice a pattern here... I have borrowed four books from Del which I'm hoping to finish and return by the holidays which is why they are near the very top of my TBR pile. I generally read books I've borrowed from people before my own books because hey, they aren't mine obviously and I'm sure you all understand how uncomfortable it can be when someone's had your book for a long time... I can't tell you how many books I've lost or how many of my books have been ruined by loaning them out.

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Next is The Forest of Adventures by Katie M. John, another one borrowed from Del. This is also a novel written by a British author (from what I understand anyway) and I can't wait to look at the writing style! I love that sort of thing. I am a little wary of this though because remakes of traditional stories like Morgan Le Fay/Camelot can either be really good or really bad and I love the original story... but this book looks pretty good so I'll be interested to see how it turns out!

The Forest of Adventures by Katie M. John

Next is  A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn and surprise surprise, this is the last one I've borrowed from Del. I have been dying to get my hands on this for years now and am so excited that I finally get the chance to read it. It has been so hard to not read this one but Del this is the one that Del doesn't care about when she gets it back so I have to save it for last. But you know what they always say, save the best for last :) I've heard mixed reviews about this one so I'll be interested to see what the apparent problems are all about and hopefully I'll get to argue against them in my review! The story looks fun and different so we'll see! Plus, I love the cover... I'm blonde with green eyes just like the main heroine/girl on the cover and it's always fun when you look like the main character :) You feel special. Don't deny it, it's happened to you at one point or another, too!

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn

The final book on my list (and the one I'm most likely NOT to get to) is The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I did not borrow this one from Del, however I DID borrow it from my younger brother Will. You're probably wondering why I read ones I've borrowed instead of the 300 plus books I own that I have yet to even open... well, I figure I have my whole life to read my own books, that's why I have them. But I only have so much time to read books from other people before they lose them, sell them, or give them away. Plus this way, I save some money. And besides, they borrow from me ALL the time, too so it's a two way street. Anyway, if I hadn't borrowed to many from Del, this would have been second (after Oriana's Eyes) on my list because it looks that good. It reminds me of The Hunger Games while not being anything like The Hunger Games if that makes sense. It is its own unique story from what I can tell and so I know I'll love it because I loved the Hunger Games and because this isn't just a rip off of that story, this will be just as great (I hope.. from what I've heard it will be anyway).
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

So there's my list. It's a big list (for me.. as I said I read a lot at the same time so to focus on these specifically without getting distracted by new releases or the books I've left at home which I'll be seeing again come Thanksgiving will be a huge success personally) but I hope to get most of them done and returned to their owners come winter break.

Let us know what your TBR pile consists of in our comment section or leave a link to your vlog/blog post about it! We'd love to see what you're all planning for this month! Seeing as how the weather will start getting bad soon, that means plenty of time to sit in with some hot chocolate (just bought a box of that today!), a warm blanket, and a good book. Better start planning what you want to read now before you're unable to drive to the bookstore for more options!

Happy Reading Everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison