Friday, September 23, 2011

Shelf Candy


I realize that I'm an hour early before it's Saturday, but I really wanted to write this now cause I was looking through my books and I don't think I'll have time tomorrow. But this will be DeLibrarie's second Shelf Candy post (a wonderful meme hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews) and I am very excited. I mean, there was once a wise person (I don't know who) who said that you should never judge a book by its cover. I hate to say it, but I do that ALL the time. Granted I read the synopsis and THEN decide if I want to read it, but a good cover will always catch your eye and who can resist a pretty cover? So for this week's Shelf Candy, I chose:




Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

I bought this book after I first saw it, that's how gorgeous I thought it was (and again, yes I made sure it actually sounded good first... I'm not that dumb). But I think that it's a lot prettier in person. The key and the title both shimmer in silver (the key) and gold (the title). This cover is so mysterious and reminiscent of ancient times, yet the numbers and gears make you view it in a more modern way. It's intriguing. I've always loved those old, cool looking keys and so I fell in love with this cover right away. Did you fall in love with it, too?

-Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison