Monday, May 30, 2011

Review'd: Fallen By Lauren Kate

Book Review:
Title: Fallen
Author: Lauren Kate
Published:December 8th, 2009 by Delacorte Press
Rating: 5 Stars 


Goodreads Summary: 
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. 

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move. 

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.



DeLibrarie (Delilah) Summary: 
You know that book that you love so much that you set it on your special bookshelf, and you are hesitant to lend it out to a fellow book lover because you don't want anyone to hurt it beautifulness. The book that you could seriously read over and over again, and hope that the series never ends so you can live with these characters FOREVER.  Fallen IS that book for me. I have a beautiful signed copy that I barely touch because it so perfect! I LOVE it when books make me mad, or sad, or really really mad. This book made me soooo mad. I wanted to kick Daniel for being such a poop; all allusive and unnecessarily mysterious.Lauren Kate gives you just enough insight into the plot through foreshadowing that you think you know what is going to happen but have no idea the depth of the story line. When I reached the last page I was instantly online looking for any hint to the plot of the second book. I recommend this book to anyone, especially if you liked the Gemma Doyle series. I found the writing similar. It is very rare that I find a truly beautiful book that has everything that I crave for in a book, romance, lust, mystery, danger, suspense and a touch of fantasy. I loved it. I can't even describe why I love this book so much. It's so beautifully written, I was SUCKED into the story, and unable to get out (not that I ever wanted to). I even brought this book to work with me so I could read it between answering phones. :) Aren't I pathetic. :) Home run for Lauren Kate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison