So for this post I'm doing the topic of:
Top "Ten" Bookish Goals For 2013
1. Stop borrowing from people and libraries and read from my own TBR pile. I get sucked into borrowing because it's cheaper and easily accessible, but I keep pushing back the ones that I truly want to read: the ones on my bookshelf. It's high time I finally got to them all.
2. Try joining and accomplishing more challenges this year. They're such great ideas but I never join because I don't know how much reading I'll get done (some years I'm just too busy reading for school...). I really want to try them out though so hopefully this is the year for it!
3. Read more books before the movie comes out. There are just some stories that once I've seen it, they just aren't reading. Granted, for some movies/TV shows I immediately want to read it after seeing it like with Game of Thrones, but that doesn't always happen. So I just need to read it before I watch it. Especially now that Teen books are becoming the next big thing in the movie business. Teen books are almost always ruined for me after I've seen its televised version.
4. Do more blogging! We are SO remiss about this and we really need to step it up. This year we're both graduating so maybe we'll finally have more time for this instead of being forced to focus on our studies all the time.
5. Get more reading done. I just don't read like I used to, and I HATE that! I think there's just so much pressure to get reading done that it's starting to make me not want to read much anymore. This goes hand in hand with my goal number one. By taking the pressure off of getting a book back to someone or someplace, I can relax and read what I want, when I want without having to answer to anyone.
6. Read more than just Young Adult. I moved on from reading the Young Adult Genre to reading the Adult Fiction Genre (including Science Fiction and Fantasy and Historical Fiction) when I was 13 because I had read all the Young Adult stuff I could get my hands on. But lately I've been focusing on Young Adult because that's what we read here at Delibrarie and that's usually what I end up borrowing from others. Well, I really want to get back into the classics and fantasy and historical fiction because I miss them so that might be a change that's coming.
7. Go through my books and make sure there's nothing I don't want within my shelves. Sometimes I cling to books too much and I need to remember to only keep the ones I really want, so I should really go through and cleanse my bookshelves a little.
8. Do more giveaways. We never do giveaways. It's time we started delving into that part of the blogging world.
9. Be apart of a book tour. It looks like fun but we've just never done it and we should. So I'm going to work on that... look for a good blog tour to join.
10. Join Happily Ever Endings because it's such a great idea and I use it ALL the time. I want to be apart of that.
So that's my top ten, what's yours?