Sunday, January 13, 2013

In My Mailbox


Whelp, another week has come and gone, and as promised, here is my In My Mailbox post for this past Christmas season. I got a LOT more than what I'm going to list here, but I decided to do it in incriments so as to not to overwhelm you guys and make a ridiculously extensive list of books all in one post.
So here it is! A little belated, sorry about that, but here nevertheless! Enjoy!


Radiance by Alyson Noel
I've wanted to get this book ever since it came out but I've just never done it. Well I finally did and I'm excited! I havn't read anything by Noel yet but all of her books look really interesting. So if this one goes well, I'll probably invest in several other works by her!

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
This is another one that I've always had my eye on but was never sure if I should get it or not. Well I'm doing an independent reading course this upcoming semester with a focus on the Grimm Brothers so I've been on the lookout for retellings of Grimm fairy tales. Since this happens to fall into that category, I decided to just get it. I'm a huge fan of the Twelve Dancing Princess's story so if this goes well, that might end up being one of the three stories I choose for study!

Found The Missing: Book 1 by Margaret Peterson Haddix
My brother read this and said it was good so I picked it up. It looks pretty decent!

The Seventh Tower Book 4: Above the Veil by Garth Nix
This is an old favorite series of mine from back when I was in second or third grade. It's a kid's book, I know, but I never did finish the series because I had difficutly encountering the fourth book. This, for me, is truly a find because now, after all these years, I can finally continue the series (especially now that I'm old enough to get whatever book I want online... I just find it to be MUCH more fun to discover books like this one within book stores... we'll see how lucky I can be with the rest of this series). Hopefully my age won't ruin the book though... books always seem wonderful as a child but when you reread them at an older age, they're not as great because you see the writing style as being dulled down in order to be accessible by kids. It tends to ruin books for me. So I hope that that doesn't happen here...

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
I was just intrigued by this one :)

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
I am fascinated by the Eastern societies of the world which our schools tend to avoid teaching us about so when I come across fiction based off of fact which takes place in Japan or China, as this one does, I grab it because they almost always end up being so good that I can't put them down.

Ben-Hur by Lew Wallace
A classic. Need I say more?

Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
Oh Jules Verne... the adventures you take us on. Can't wait to read this one!


So that's all I've got! Sorry there were no pictures today...I've been trying to make it work all day but apparently my computer is forbidding me to add pictures to my posts unless they've already been on our blog before! So we'll just have to go without them for now... sorry. Maybe tomorrow it will decide to open the link for me and thus allow me to add pictures :)

What did you get in YOUR mailbox this week???



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison