Thursday, August 9, 2012

Still on my Mind

Lately, I have had like zero time to read. I just finished my community theater's production of Into the Woods and now I'm left with all this time to do nothing but read. Typically I have some sort of idea what I want to read next while I'm reading a book... but I've been so preoccupied lately that I finished Stardust and had no idea what I wanted to read next. I didn't even have like a shortened list... Ultimately I decided on Possession by Elana Johnson, but because I haven't been reading lately I've been noticing myself thinking about other stories fairly often. YA-Aholic hosts this lovely little meme called Still on my Mind where I can talk about precisely that... stories that I still find myself thinking about.

So what book has been making multiple cameo appearances in my brain lately?

It's no secret that I'm crazy in love with this series, but Rapture having just been released about a month ago the story is still fresh in my mind. I love the way that Lauren Kate chose to end the series, it's just so perfect for the story. Plus, I was totally blind-sided to the twist in this story. I really appreciate an author who can create such a beautiful story, with an unpredictable twist, AND still have an ending that leaves her readers happy... seriously miracle worker. I just adore this series! I can't get it out of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison