Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review'd: Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

Book Review: 
Title: Spell Bound (Hex Hall 3)
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Published: March 13th, Hyperion Book CH
Rating: 5 Stars

Goodreads Summary: 
Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies- the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the prodigium. Or at least that's what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn't as confident.

Sophie's bound for one hell of a ride- can she get her powers back before it's too late?

DeLibrarie (Del) Review: 
This series is fantastic! After I received my copy of Spell Bound... I just stared at it for a while, not sure if I should start it knowing that I it's the end of one of my favorite stories. Once I started it, it was nearly impossible to put it down. Hawkins keeps her story so fast paced that you sit down to start the book and all of a sudden you realize you only have a few pages yet. I can't even express to you all how much I love Sophie. She is by far my favorite heroine; she's strong, snarky as hell, and doesn't dwell on her problems... she just goes in to try and solve them. I will recommend this series until the day I die... I am so sad it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison