Monday, March 11, 2013

Review'd: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Book Review:
Title: City of Bones
Author: Cassandra Clare
Published February 19th, 2008 by McElderry Books

Barnes and Noble Summary: 
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?
This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....


DeLibrarie Review: 
I have been meaning to pick this book up for a few years really. Ever since Jace won the Crush Tourney a few years back. I finally decided that it was time to pick up the series when I found out that they were making it into a movie. I have a thing about movies and books... if I see the movie I probably won't read the book but if i read the book I'll definitely see the movie. I can see why everyone loves this series so much. It's such an interesting premise and so fantastically written. I find that so many authors have a great idea and just kind of fail when it comes to the writing style. This is so totally not the case... I literally read this book in one sitting and didn't even realize it until I was finished. I'm really excited to see how the story translates to film!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison