Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Creature Feature: Angels

I know I've talked about some of my favorite supernatural beings that have made an appearance in more than one series throughout the world of YA, but I figured it would be kind of fun to turn it into a feature where I just get to talk about the different creatures (common and uncommon) and talk about some of my favorite books that I've read that feature those creatures...hence the title...Creature Feature.

I thought I would start this little feature off with my favoritest creature in YA books: Angels.

I have a rule... I only read one (at most 2) series about any particular creatures at a time. When it was Vampires I was only reading Twilight, and it wasn't until I finished that series that I picked up a new Vamp series. Same with Fairies, I only started reading Wings after I'd finished the Wonderous Strange books. I make some exceptions from time to time but I pretty much stick to this rule as to not mix anything up from book to book. HOWEVER, that rule does NOT apply to angel books. I think in June (before Rapture came out) I was in the middle of about 4-5 Angel series. I just love 'em.

I think the reason that I love angels so much in YA books... is because of the killer awesome lore involved. There is so much information about Angels, and so many different belief systems that have evolved. I always think it is fascinating how different authors come up with different story lines and belief systems.  

I'm sure this is no surprise. I really haven't come across an Angel book that I straight up didn't like, but here are some of my very favorites.

Fallen Series by Lauren Kate
Book 1: Fallen
Book 2: Torment
Book 3: Passion
Book 3.5: Fallen in Love
Book 4: Rapture

This is one of my most favorite series of all time! Looking at the cover again just makes me happy... and makes me want to read it again actually. :) The Fallen covers have always been my favorite. I love the Angel lore in this series. It's so interesting and you learn more and more about it as the series continues.

Also... the ending to Rapture was perfect... I loved it! It is so easy to ruin a series by having a cliche, bad or unsatisfying ending... but this one was just perfect!


Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand
Book 1: Unearthly
Book 2: Hallowed
Book 3: Boundless (Out January 22nd, 2012)

I like that the main character is a actually an angel in this book... as opposed to being thrust into the supernatural lives of other characters...the main character is supernatural herself, which is refreshing.







Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Book 1: Hush, Hush
Book 2: Crescendo
Book 3: Silence
Book 4: Finale (Out October 23rd, 2012)

Patch. Patch Patch Patch. I love Patch. I love the contrast between the ultimate bad boy and him being an angel. He's by far my favorite Angel character! :) Love me some Patch!









These are currently my favorite three angel series that I'm reading. I'm reading a few more but I'm not really far enough into them for them to be considered a favorite yet.

What are some of your favorite Angel books?









2 comments:

Erin Gauthier said...

What'd you think of the Supernatural Season 8 premiere?? I loveee Dean...he's such a badass in this first episode. I'm really curious about his friendship with the leviathan and really had my hopes up that Cas was gonna be back :/

Delilah (Del) said...

I loved it!! I really hope Cas comes back!!!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Flying Dreams kit by Lorie Davison